Episode 17 goes back to the basics for TCS. Over 25 minutes of news on this episode, yes that is a helluvalotta news. It has been such a long time that I needed to clear the backlog – I promise it will be shorter next time (it is hefty… and good). Bans on Facebook and the issue of Digital Rights Management and how it shortchanges consumers is also discussed.
And, please join The Client Side Society on Facebook that I have setup, the group dedicated to the blog and podcast.
Comment line is always open, call 1 206 666 2242 and share your thoughts or ask a question.
- 00:00 My favorite qutoes – Peter Drucker
- 1:05 Client Side Blog First Anniversary, new episodes of The Money Clip Podcast from Scotiabank, Launch of MyVault site, musings on Facebook and it’s being banned in the work setting.
- 10:30 Audio comment: William Azaroff from Van City and ChangeEverything.ca.
- 12:43 Lots and lots of news: Web censorship: US Army blocks sites; Ontario Government bans Facebook; Bebo banned in New Zealand; Morroco bans YouTube; Study on Countries around the world that like to censor the web. </
- 17:53Big Playas: Microsoft bridges digital divide with low cost software; New hotmail; Google dominates search; Ranks #1 in brand ranking and creates new home page-iGoogle.</
- 23:18 Web TV and entertainment stuff: Joost carves out deals with Turner Broadcasting and Warner Bros; Mark Burnett and MySpace create “Independent” – a Presidential Candidate Reality Show; YouTube shares revenue with content creators; CBS buys WallStrip; NBC Universal creates new online video ad standard; Nielsen announces Online Video Census.</
- 29:32Will Ferrel comedy site funnyordie.com; Study reveals how important email really is! What would you give up for email? </
- 32:53Brand marketing on Web: Mercedes-Benz integrated campaign for 2008 C-Class Sedan; Time Launches Food Portal; Barbie goes digital for tweens. </
- 35:42How teens watch video when not watching TV; The Minisode – Classic TV shows get shrunk down to 5 minute episodes for web viewing by Sony.
- 40:15Adjusting the Pitch: Jenny Bullough of Harlequin and The Newbie Blogcalls in with a comment about DRM – Digital Rights Management and my post on WKRP in Cincinnati. There is also a trivia question answered on WKRP.
- 57:28 Outro Music (Full Song), “Rock n Roll Man”
by Mr Nasty.
Join The Client Side Society on Facebook.
Comments? Call 1 206 666 2242 and join in the conversation.
Intro Music – Remember by Black Lab
Transition music – Forever by Derek Chafin
Download Episode # 17 – Back To Basics With News, Adjust The Pitch, Facebook And DRM edition