Interview with Christopher Barger, Blogger In Chief, IBM. I met and spoke with at Social Media 2007 in Atlanta.
CALL TO ACTION:
Call 1 206 666 2242 – Do you think e-mail marketing dead or alive? Can it survive in an instant message culture? Will RSS and blogging rule the future? What questions would you like the “Optimizing E-mail for Better Results“ rountable to address at the upcoming CMA – Canadian Marketing Association breakfast event on March 7 which I will help moderate.
Call 1 206 666 2242 and let me know.
- 00:00 Intro Music.
- 00:54 I am not playing the “name your city game”. David Jones & Terry Fallis, what do my fellow Torontonian podcasters have to say on this tourism related matter?
- 01:55 Podcamp Toronto this weekend on February 25 & 26. I am part of a panel discussing “Should your company be podcasting? I will join Donna Papacosta, Terry Fallis, Michael O’Conner Clarke, Luke Armour with Mitch Joel moderating. I will also present the story behind The Money Clip podcast from Scotiabank in a later session Sunday morning.
- 05:12 In the News:
Digital Download theme: Wal-Mart launches digital movie store; NetFlix offers streaming movies and TV shows; Baidu.com and EMI launch music venture; TIVO and Amazon extend Unbox service.
- 09:33 TIVO enters the syndicated ratings with second-by-second stats for DVR viewers.
- 12:20 What’s in the Mail? Study on Direct Mail response and channel preference courtesy of Veritis.
- 15:21 Gmail is open to the public.
- 16:45 Interview with Christopher Barger of IBM.
- 30:25 Adjusting the Pitch: Don’t tell us that Telus is the bad guy for offering adult content
- 48:59 Outro Music (Full Song), “Perfect” by Miggs
REMINDER – CALL TO ACTION:
Call 1 206 666 2242 Let me know what questions you’d like the “Optimizing E-mail for Better Results“ rountable to address at the upcoming CMA – Canadian Marketing Association breakfast even on March 7 which I will help moderate.
Intro Music – Remember by Black Lab
Transition music – Forever by Derek Chafin
Download Episode #8 – The Client Side, Interview with Christopher Barger of IBM edition